DreamCraft Attractions is searching for a dynamic Project Director to work with their talented team of professionals who are revolutionizing the way the themed entertainment industry innovates. This position will have overall operational and management responsibility for a major Company project and associated team(s) of professionals, serving as the point-person for on time, on quality and within budget completion, and serving as primary project management spokesperson.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Project Director brings a proven track record in software project management leadership for clients from large-scale organizations. The right candidate is an efficient and experienced project manager who stops at nothing but perfection.
- Manage the project from contract negotiation through to contract completion;
- Generate and maintain a project schedule.
- Establish and maintain procedures and protocols for project management and scheduling;
- Ensure full and continuous understanding of the Scope of Work (SOW), Commercial Terms, and Schedule
- Identify and maintain addendums or changes to the SOW, Terms or Schedule and alert Stakeholders and Controller as needed
- Supervise and mentor project staff and contractors;
- Schedule both internally to the team, and externally for the client;
- Identify and qualify vendors and staffing as needed; generating scope of work documents, daily schedules, and managing progress and any deviations;
- Maintain positive, lasting relationships with the client and manage any conflicts or scope changes;
- Oversee project accounting through reporting profit and loss figures; consolidating and analyzing profitability, margins, etc., and helping to create pipeline forecasts.
We encourage interested candidates to view DreamCraft’s website for examples of their awe-inspiring VR and AR software development projects. “Fascinating”, “stimulating”, “ground-breaking” and “thoroughly captivating” are words used to describe the natural of their work.
What do you bring? While we would prefer candidates with related high tech, (e.g. VR and/or AR) software project management experience within the amusement industry, and/or an engineering degree.
- At least ten (10) years’ recent, related experience as a Project Manager, responsible for projects of similar size, nature and scope;
- PMP certification or equivalent;
- Experience formally supervising and mentoring staff;
- Strong communications, scheduling and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Ability to travel globally (no travel restrictions); and willingness to reside in the Victoria, B.C. area.
Do you pride yourself on being highly organized, detail oriented and committed to quality work? Are you a natural problem solver, unflappable under pressure and tight deadlines, and with a strong sense of confidentiality and professionalism? If so, we encourage you to consider this rare opportunity with a truly unique company.