DreamCraft Attractions is searching for a dynamic Project Director to work with their talented team of professionals who are revolutionizing the way themed entertainment industry innovates. This position will have overall operational and management responsibility for a major Company project or projects and associated team(s) of professionals, serving as the point-person for on time, on quality and within budget completion, and serving as primary project management spokesperson.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Project Director is a key member of DreamCraft’s management team, and brings a proven track record in software project management leadership for clients from large-scale organizations. The right candidate is an efficient and experienced project manager who stops at nothing but perfection.
- Establishing and maintaining procedures and protocols for project management and scheduling;
- Managing major projects from contract negotiation through to contract completion;
- Supervising and mentoring project staff and contractors;
- Scheduling both internally to the team, and externally for the client;
- Identifying and qualifying vendors and company personnel as needed; generating scope of work documents, daily schedules, and managing progress and any deviations;
- Maintaining positive, lasting relationships with the client and managing any conflicts or scope changes;
- Overseeing project accounting through reporting profit and loss figures; consolidating and analyzing profitability, margins, etc., and helping to create pipeline forecasts.
What do you bring? While we would prefer candidates with related (e.g. VR and/or AR) software project management experience within the amusement industry, and/or an engineering degree, what DreamCraft absolutely requires the right candidate to bring includes:
- At least six (6) years’ recent, related experience as Project Manager, responsible for projects of similar size, nature and scope;
- PMP certification or equivalent;
- Experience formally supervising and mentoring staff;
- Strong communications, scheduling and organizational skills (MS Project or similar preferred);
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Ability to travel globally (no travel restrictions); and willingness to reside in Victoria, BC area.
Do you pride yourself on being highly organized, detail oriented and committed to quality work? Are you a natural problem solver, unflappable under pressure and tight deadlines, and with a strong sense of confidentiality and professionalism? If so, we encourage you to consider this rare opportunity with a truly unique company.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations clearly indicating exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position. Applications will be accepted until November 20, 2017.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.