DreamCraft Attractions is revolutionizing the way the themed entertainment industry innovates. DreamCraft combines the leading creative and technical minds of real and imagined worlds — pioneers of the theme park world with a deep knowledge of industry requirements, and high-tech visionaries who are making experiences more immersive and virtually, real.
Chief Financial Officer
This enviable position will apply their seasoned skills to lead the growth of a ground-breaking, advanced technology company that is at the forefront of delivering dynamic virtual and augmented reality experiences into location based entertainment venues.
Who are you? You are a well-grounded and experienced professional, who is familiar with start up organizations and consistently surpasses expectations and meets commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner.
You will be entrusted with your own share of responsibilities. You will have the support of your teammates and manager. You will make a difference.
As a key member of the Executive Team, you will:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, annual and project based financials.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Provide oversight and leadership for both project and annual budget forecasting.
- Actively participate as a core member of the DreamCraft executive team in influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, product development, and forecasting.
- Be responsible for all financial and accounting functions including policy development and implementation, and financial controls development and implementation.
- Optimize financial reporting internally to ensure transparency and to inform decision making throughout the company.
- Prepare Canadian and US payroll processing or outsourcing of the same.
- Conduct day-to-day and ongoing banking functions.
- Review and negotiate corporate insurance programs, leases, and contracts as appropriate.
- Negotiate payment terms, communicating with vendors and clients on AR/AP
- Manage employee expense claim process.
- Identify and monitor government funding such as IRAP SR&ED claims, and provide leadership of annual claim development and submission.
- Review corporate tax returns, related filings and financial statements prepared by third parties.
- in Accounting or Finance (CPA, MBA preferred)
- Minimum 10 years recent, related professional experience
- Previous financial function leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Service–oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
Our preferred candidate will be an operationally-oriented, strategic thinker who has worked for an advanced technology start up.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations clearly indicating exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position. Applications will be accepted until August 18th, 2017.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.