DreamCraft Attractions is searching for a dynamic Project Director to work with their talented team of professionals who are revolutionizing the way themed entertainment industry innovates. This position will have overall operational and management responsibility for a major Company project or projects and associated team(s) of professionals, serving as the point-person for on time, on quality and within budget completion, and serving as primary project management spokesperson.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Project Director is a key member of DreamCraft’s management team, and brings a proven track record in software project management leadership for clients from large-scale organizations. The right candidate is an efficient and experienced project manager who stops at nothing but perfection.
- Establishing and maintaining procedures and protocols for project management and scheduling;
- Managing major projects from contract negotiation through to contract completion;
- Supervising and mentoring project staff and contractors;
- Scheduling both internally to the team, and externally for the client;
- Identifying and qualifying vendors and company personnel as needed; generating scope of work documents, daily schedules, and managing progress and any deviations;
- Maintaining positive, lasting relationships with the client and managing any conflicts or scope changes;
- Overseeing project accounting through reporting profit and loss figures; consolidating and analyzing profitability, margins, etc., and helping to create pipeline forecasts.
What do you bring? While we would prefer candidates with related (e.g. VR and/or AR) software project management experience within the amusement industry, and/or an engineering degree, what DreamCraft absolutely requires the right candidate to bring includes:
- At least six (6) years’ recent, related experience as Project Manager, responsible for projects of similar size, nature and scope;
- PMP certification or equivalent;
- Experience formally supervising and mentoring staff;
- Strong communications, scheduling and organizational skills (MS Project or similar preferred);
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Ability to travel globally (no travel restrictions); and willingness to reside in Victoria, BC area.
Do you pride yourself on being highly organized, detail oriented and committed to quality work? Are you a natural problem solver, unflappable under pressure and tight deadlines, and with a strong sense of confidentiality and professionalism? If so, we encourage you to consider this rare opportunity with a truly unique company.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a covering letter, resume and salary expectations clearly indicating exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.