The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the rest of the Technical Art team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. Candidates can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
This enviable position will apply their skills to contribute to the growth of a ground-breaking, innovative company that is at the forefront of delivering dynamic virtual and augmented reality experiences into location based entertainment venues.
Who are you? You are a well-grounded and enthusiastic individual, who consistently surpasses expectations and meets commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner.
You will be entrusted with your own share of responsibilities. You will have the support of your teammates and manager. You will make a difference.
- Ideally at least 2 years of cinematic/games production experience.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#, C++ a bonus (but not required).
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop required. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Prior development work in Unity and Unreal
- An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Prior experience in VR product development