DreamCraft Attractions creates advanced high-tech attractions for the world’s largest theme parks. We combine programmable ride systems and mechanical engineering with AAA game dev principles, cinematic graphics, and next-gen display systems to create stunning, interactive, immersive experiences.
Expand your technical arsenal beyond mobile and console gaming, as you work with cutting-edge 4k VR, custom AR HMD systems, large-scale multi-projector mapping, mechanical PLCs, computer vision devices, and high-powered multi-GPU rendering.
The Gameplay Programmer is a versatile generalist that will apply your game dev expertise to our real-time experiences in a variety of areas such as character AI, animation, multiplayer networking, rendering, cinematic sequences, visual effects and audio. You will be working on the world’s most advanced multi-media attraction, for one of the world’s largest theme parks, with one of the world’s most beloved IPs.
- Collaborate with designers, artists and other engineers to create great VR/AR experiences
- Design and build efficient, maintainable and adaptable technologies and code
- Play an active role in identifying and resolving issues in production or processes
- May lead a small team, and willing and able to provide positive mentorship and training for junior programmers
- Play a proactive role in code optimization to improve performance
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of data structures, logic, and algorithm skills, and a broad understanding of game systems
- Design sustainable APIs and proactively maintain and manage their lifecycles
- Demonstrate an eagerness to participate in many areas of game or ride experience development
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience
- Shipped at least one video game or software application
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems such as AI, animation, rendering, physics, etc.
- Prior development work with client/ server game or software systems
- Expert knowledge of Unity, Unreal, or other similar game engines
- Strong understanding of general and 3D math
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- A passion for new and advanced technologies
- A positive attitude, and proven ability to work well within a team environment towards a common goal
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or a related field
- Experience with Git, Perforce, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with C#, Java, HLSL/Cg shaders
- Experience with Test Driven development
- Experience with VR or AR development
- Experience shipping multiple game titles